Saturday, January 1, 2011

I am shaky now. I haven't really worked out since moving to my current location as I don't want to disturb the neighbors. So I pulled out my new york city ballet DVD that I bought several years ago and did part 1. I had to do some parts a few times to get back in the groove. I took ballet for a while in ak and growing up. I have gained more weight since working 2 jobs and I am starting to feel it. So I am doing something about it even though I am feeling muscles I forgot I have. For anyone wanting a good do at home at your own pace with a great quiet workout try this DVD set. I am in no way affiliated with this school although I do enjoy watching them in person.
I won't lie, its a challenge. The floor bar work can be done on a bed in the van. This is a workout for those wanting a challenge, a lot of rewinding to get the form but enjoyable and not the typical dull gym workout. I recommend going online and learning the 5 positions as it will alleviate some of the rewinding I would imagine. The abs workout is priceless. also if you can't do the jumps or need a brake, take a moment and stretch or walk in place. When you own the workout, you can do as much as you want and take as long as you want. This combined with walking, more stretching and the shake weight should work well. I can't say I will lose the weight quickly but my heart rate went up, I am going to be more flexible and my ankles will be stronger. Plus I miss dance and would like to take a few week adult course every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment